Cyberstalking

LillithR

Cyberstalking

Postby LillithR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:40 am

Today it came to my attention that Gocarman s17 sonnet had asked in world chat Sonnet for the private and personal details of a certain well known and high ranking player on Gametous - the person he asked currently has a mental disability and luckily gave the wrong details - sadly however the player he did ask did willingly give her own personal details as well as height and weight it was done in world chat

But whether he asked this other persons fb to gain access to other players details is unknown

Gocarman is on this ranking players gametous server and is known to cyber stalk players under various alt names - watching the comings and goings of players timing them and creating fantasies about them

He is also known to impersonate players both here on forums and ingame and talk and gossip in world chat about various players from both gametous and sonnet - sometimes under his own name sometimes under an alts name

He is also known to talk to and respond to his own alts

He will play nice until his fantasies are broken where he will develop a grudge and use pk or world chat as a tool to 'punish' -Gocarman will stalk and harass his targets friends until they leave or stop events making sure the player he is obsessed with is isolated- then laugh about it later

Gocarman from sonnet will normally stalk those he thinks are female but has on the odd occasion become pretty obsessional about high ranking male toons or toons he wants to play with or against regardless of their wants

GMs have been notified but as it is unlikely they will do anything as Gocarman has stalked a few before and nothing done- so players have left or avoided events world bosses and other

He will swear what he is doing is a joke and no harm meant - but players who do not fit his fantasies or refuse his advances are often at his mercy are left feeling angry, defensive and almost paranoid

If stalking a male he will target the girlfriend or who he perceives to be the girlfriend wife etc and visa versa - he will be super nice to them or super nasty depending on situation in order to get to you - like wise if you do not have an ingame buddy he will target your friends in order to further isolate and manipulate the situation

This is a post about how to recognise cyberstalking

Cyberstalking is illegal in most countries

Cyberstalking is a broad term and has many definitions - some include

Stalking is done with the assistance of technology (typically the internet) rather than in person

It is done to make a person feel afraid, threatened, or worried about their safety

It invades a person’s privacy

The stalker monitors the victim’s behavior, threatens them, or makes unwanted advances

The behavior is unwanted or

the victim does not understand that they are being taken advantage of or manipulated

Cyberstalking is or can be considered to be

Someone who uses alts to monitor your coming and goings - they may seem rarely offline

Have as total disregard for your privacy and the privacy of those around you

Harassing you on social media or in world chat or forums

Constantly farm around or on top despite your protests- or your friends

Targeting you non stop to show pleasure or displeasure (often in places like arena, world chat, what ever - you will know it when it happens ) and making you feel as though you should miss events or leave the game as a result of their behaviour

Asking for someones personal details without seeking their permission first

Sending unwanted messages

Constantly praising or flaming or insulting you (or those around you to get to you)

Swapping servers to be around you or those you play with

Constantly spreading rumors about you (good and bad) to try and get control of your behaviour

Impersonating you by making alts under your name - or pretending that the alt they are using is you

Threatening to cause problems for your friends if you do not behave in a manner they demand

Creating fantasies about you and those around you

Twisting their own horrendous behaviour to make you look like the bad guy

Persistent lying to cover their own tracks and bad behaviour

Constant and unwanted targeting of you in both positive and negative manners

Asking the person to stop only to have their behaviour to continue or escalate

If you have a problem with cyberstalking please contact gms and if that does not work make a noise about it and worst case scenario please contact your local police about cybercrimes

You do not have to put up with kind of behaviour in any game
Last edited by LillithR on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:13 am, edited 7 times in total.

Crown

Re: Cyberstalking

Postby Crown » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:15 am

The description of the text reveals symptoms of bipolarity, bipolarity should be controlled by medication and should be interpreted not as a mental deficiency but as a psychic disorder. obviously no player is obliged to tolerate such situations, but it all makes me think it's really a psychological disorder

yanto_ivory

Postby yanto_ivory » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:07 am

but lilith is the one who stalking him everywhere....just watch her post in sonet
this old hatred should not be brought here to gametous
start a new character and be nice to each other
how hard can it be?

Postby 1176917 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:13 am

I agree. Messages like this in world chat accusing someone of following another guild to another server when they got merged and had absolutely no choice where they went is very cyberstalker-ish. People play these games for fun and to relax, not to be part of someones mind games. You should always practice what you preach s7.Lolo/s8.Onyx/s9.Atsila....and god knows what other characters.... :shock: :o :o

cyberstalking.jpg
cyberstalking.jpg (207.19 KiB) Viewed 8169 times

This is a screenshot of LillithR on one of their alts the day after the merge accusing myself on server 7 Luthias of following a guild who I had never even met before servers 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7 all got merged just to try and cause trouble for me. They also use very bad language on s8 on their Onyx character, who is a mentor, speaking about masturbation and other lewd subjects in world chat. The chat logs for this character must be a very good read if the GM ever decide to check them out. Not happy with trying to cause trouble in game it looks like you are trying to single out people on here now too and accuse them of what you are in game doing yourself to others.... No wonder you have such a vast knowledge of this subject. very informative post.

Have a nice day. :)

LillithR

Postby LillithR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:15 am

absolutely go back on gocars posts - they are all there for the things he has done and said to players

yanto_ivory wrote:but lilith is the one who stalking him everywhere....just watch her post in sonet
this old hatred should not be brought here to gametous
start a new character and be nice to each other
how hard can it be?
Last edited by LillithR on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

LillithR

Postby LillithR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:17 am

Absolutely I warned

Luthus has been on our server since day 1 harassing players belittling them and refusing to leave - yes I warned

He said openly that he was there to cause trouble ask any from s8

Noone wants luthus (kera) on server and complaints about his anti social behaviour were put in including the trouble he made on day of server merge and other

We were directly targeted by him especially after we refused to merge guilds or to let him into guild

The dream is apparently to make epic pvp for him and he has decided to punish players for it in world chat

1176917 wrote:I agree. Messages like this in world chat accusing someone of following another guild to another server when they got merged and had absolutely no choice where they went is very cyberstalker-ish. People play these games for fun and to relax, not to be part of someones mind games. You should always practice what you preach s7.Lolo/s8.Onyx/s9.Atsila....and god knows what other characters.... :shock: :o :o

cyberstalking.jpg

This is a screenshot of LillithR on one of their alts the day after the merge accusing myself on server 7 Luthias of following a guild who I had never even met before servers 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7 all got merged just to try and cause trouble for me. They also use very bad language on s8 on their Onyx character, who is a mentor, speaking about masturbation and other lewd subjects in world chat. The chat logs for this character must be a very good read if the GM ever decide to check them out. Not happy with trying to cause trouble in game it looks like you are trying to single out people on here now too and accuse them of what you are in game doing yourself to others.... No wonder you have such a vast knowledge of this subject. very informative post.

Last edited by LillithR on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 1176917 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:21 am

LillithR wrote:Absolutely I warned

Luthus has been on our server since day 1 harrassing players belittling them and refusing to leave - yes I warned

He said openly that he was there to cause trouble ask any from s8

Noone wants luthus (kera) on server and complaints about his anti social behaviour were put in including the trouble he made on day of server merge and other

1176917 wrote:I agree. Messages like this in world chat accusing someone of following another guild to another server when they got merged and had absolutely no choice where they went is very cyberstalker-ish. People play these games for fun and to relax, not to be part of someones mind games. You should always practice what you preach s7.Lolo/s8.Onyx/s9.Atsila....and god knows what other characters.... :shock: :o :o

cyberstalking.jpg

Didn't happen if you don't have screenshots like I do. So lets see your proof of any of the lies you keep peddling about me.

LillithR

Postby LillithR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:23 am

And thats the problem with accusing someone of stalking isnt ? Even if it goes on for months and everyone sees it - you are the one on the defensive as the victim

Thats why people leave - they get worn down by shitty behaviour and that is exactly why it is important to talk about it if it happens to you and that is why this post was made

1176917 wrote:

Didn't happen if you don't have screenshots like I do. So lets see your proof of any of the lies you keep peddling about me.

Postby 1176917 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:30 am

LillithR wrote:And thats the problem with accusing someone of stalking isnt ? Even if it goes on for months and everyone sees it - you are the one on the defensive as the victim

Thats why people leave - they get worn down by shitty behaviour and that is exactly why it is important to talk about it if it happens to you and that is why this post was made

1176917 wrote:

As with all types of offences there needs to be a certain level of evidence and with the evidence you are providing there is no case to answer. I on the other hand have screenshots of you spreading lies so you will obviously be on the defensive. As Yanto said make a char and try being nice to people you may not get so much grief back from them when you single them out. Some people bite back. :twisted:

LillithR

Postby LillithR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:35 am

Again - it should not be on the victim to constantly prove also gms do have the means to check

Gocar was seen asking for the high ranking gametous persons details on sonet by others

Complaints have been made to the gms about both kera and luthus over time - with and without screens from various players

They are choosing not to do anything

Proof has been given - and players should have the right to be left alone on their servers and not to have thier personal details asked for in world chat on other companies

and to be left alone when asked

How would you like it if it was your gf , wife or bf or real life friend that this sort of thing was happening to ?

Would it still be ok ? Would you protect the person doing it like you do now?

1176917 wrote:

[/quote]

As with all types of offences there needs to be a certain level of evidence and with the evidence you are providing there is no case to answer. I on the other hand have screenshots of you spreading lies so you will obviously be on the defensive. As Yanto said make a char and try being nice to people you may not get so much grief back from them when you single them out. Some people bite back. :twisted:[/quote]